Barbara McKenzie also offers a bespoke service that allows clients to be part of the design process in order to create their own unique item!
Whether you need a dress for graduation, a dress for a wedding or your own wedding, dresses for your bridal party we are here to take away the stress of shopping for one and create a unique custom-made garment that shows both theirs and Barbara McKenzie's style.
If you'd like to create your own custom-made item, please do the below:
- Based in Johannesburg:
- Please drop us an email to book an appointment on email@example.com
- Based outside of Johannesburg:
- Please drop us an email stating the details of what you would like made.
- Send measurements using these guidelines.
How does the process work?
- You send details of what you would like made to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We send you a quote for two options:
- With your own fabric
- With our own fabric.
- When you're happy with the quote you are welcome to pay the deposit (min 70%) or pay the entire amount.
- Once your payment reflects on our side, we get started on your order, provided that you have send us your fabric if you have opted to use your own fabric.
- Standard production time for a custom made clothing item falls out of our standard 3-5 working days delivery time. An estimated timeline will be communicated to you, as they are not all the same, however standard custom timings are 10-15 working days. Kindly note that anything that is required in less than the communicated delivery time will be charged a Rush Order fee which is an additional 35% of your total cost.
- Once completed, your order can be couriered to you or you may collect it.
- Important things to note:
- All custom made clothing items are NON-refundable nor exchangeable.
- Items that have not been fully paid for cannot be collected and will not be couriered.
- All fittings will be in Paulshof, unless otherwise arranged.
- Any design or structural changes that are requested after the final design has been decided on and already made will be charged accordingly. eg: adjusting size, adding sleeves, removing parts, shortening etc.
You may see some of our past work on our Instagram page and below.